The Bogart Group is an independent family business which fully owns or produces under license 9 fragrances and cosmetics brands. Over the same period of time, the Group has also developed a network of own name stores (390 in 2019) as part of a vertical integration strategy.
A 40-year success story
- 1975 Creation of the first BOGART fragrance, distributed in selective perfumeries
- 1980 Launch of the world's first skincare range for men
- 1981 Appearance of BOGART's second fragrance, ONE MAN SHOW
Establishment of a new perfume production unit
- 1983 Signature of the operating licence for TED LAPIDUS fragrances
- 1986 Purchase of BALENCIAGA Couture and Fragrances
Introduction of Jacques Bogart SA on the list of medium-sized companies on the Paris Stock Exchange
- 1992 Signature of the worldwide operating licence for CHEVIGNON fragrances
- 1993 Purchase of the skincare company Méthode Jeanne Piaubert from the L'Oréal Group
- 1994 Acquisition of a majority interest in the luxury goods company Fairtrade, operating under the licence of FAÇONNABLE fragrances
Purchase of the cosmetics company Stendhal and its make-up and skincare products factory
- 1998 Purchase of Ted Lapidus SA
- 2001 Sale of Balenciaga
- 2004 Launch of a network of own name stores with the purchase of April Cosmetics & Perfumes Chain Stores Ltd, a retail distribution company for fragrances and cosmetic products in Israel
- 2005 Signature of the worldwide operating licence for NAF NAF and BUGATTI fragrances
- 2008 Purchase of Athénaïs, owner of 8 perfumeries in the south of France
Signature of the worldwide operating licence for LEE COOPER fragrances
- 2010 Purchase of the CARVEN brand's fragrances and cosmetic products
- 2012 Purchase of Rose de France, owner of 2 perfumeries in the south of France
- 2015 Purchase of 23 perfumeries by April SAS, a wholly-owned subsidiary created in late 2014
- 2016 100% acquisition of the HC Parfümerie Group, major distributor in Germany, with a network of 87 stores.
- 2018 Groupe Bogart acquires Distriplus Group, a leading retailer in Belgium with a network of 200 sales outlets
- 2019 Purchase of 18 selective stores in Luxembourg belonging to Milady parfumerie network.
Purchase of 8 new selective stores in Germany. Bogart Group has 95 own name points of sale in Germany and a global large network of 383 own name stores YTD in Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, France and Israel.